Sunday, October 7, 2018

Columbus Day - 2018

My 6 year old granddaughter impressed me initially, telling me that Christopher Columbus made landfall in what is now called the Bahamas, but when she prattled on about how he then made his way through Pennsylvania and Ohio, I became concerned about what she is learning.  She went on to explain that Columbus, Ohio was named after Christopher Columbus.  My faith in our educators was restored.  And while THEY may get the day off tomorrow . . . we don't!



And although I'd prefer an off-site run along the Cape Cod National Seashore (does Nauset High realize how lucky they are?), practice for all will be at 9:00AM at WHRHS.   Important workout for Group 1.  Group 2 repeats this past Friday.  Silver Lake, no longer a lightweight, comes to WH on Wednesday.

Bright and early . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment