Monday, July 8, 2019

Free Form Writing

I've often used the free form writing method to get ideas on paper from which I am able to fill in the blanks, so to speak, so the finished product makes sense.  To me anyway.  More often however I use time while driving or biking (or at one time, running) to formulate a passage or letter which I later put into written form.  So this is an example of how it works . . .

Yesterday my grandson had a baseball game in Braintree and with the weather relatively nice I decided I would bike to the game.  On the way my thoughts went like this . . .

Liam Cafferty ran a great race in San Francisco,
I tweeted about the race using the (at the time) official results posted to the race website,
I learned the official results were changed and I was wrong,
Liam didn't finish third but finished first,
I tweeted the correction,
The race wasn't in San Franciso but San Pablo,
I did not tweet that correction,
Liam is lucky, I'd love to visit San Francisco,
San Francisco was the birthplace of psychedelic music,
The Grateful Dead, a psychedelic band, was from San Francisco,
On Independence Day I saw a Grateful Dead tribute band which played my favorite song by the band, "Fire on the Mountain"
The song begins ironically . . . "Long distance runner, what you standing there for?  Get up, get out, get out of the door" 
How can I get that message to the team?
Sang the song to myself all the way home,
Call me crazy . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAhEi7W1ib0



No comments:

Post a Comment