Monday, October 21, 2019

Let the fun begin

Today we commence the best part of the XC season.  Q/NQ and WH mutually agreed this week's meet would be canceled, so it's on to the Patriot League Championship and the Eastern Massachusetts Championship.  Yesterday I began my own 'search for the holy grail" by traveling out to Gardner, the site of this year's All-State Meet, visiting "friends" and sites along the way.  At the local Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Concord (not the one I sometimes speak of) I climbed Author's Ridge to visit with Henry and Nathaniel (Louisa and Ralph, as well) and as I did thought about an even more difficult climb at the Gardner Municipal Golf Course which I know all of you hope to make in November.



Unfortunately, only a select few can make that trip.  But, I am absolutely convinced that some of you WILL make that trip.  IF you are willing to put the effort in over the next three weeks.  The Patriot League Championship is coming up this Saturday at a time to be determined.  It will be held in Marshfield.  Not on the course we previously ran this fall, but a course similar to the Twilight Meet.  We will begin preparing with a workout today, followed by another on Wednesday.  Be ready to work very hard.  More difficult workouts and EMass follow and then . . . who knows.  Somebody a heck of a lot smarter than me said, "If you can dream it, you can achieve it."  Make the dream a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment