Monday, October 4, 2021

Monday, October 4, 2021

Thank you to those who participated in Saturday's long run at Union Point/Southfield on what turned out to be a perfect morning for running.  I was impressed with all, but kudos to a small group (Myah, Sarah, Gordon, Logan, Alex, Shane J, Adam) who covered 8+ miles.  That group will get an extra day off (today) as we prepare for Hingham tomorrow.  ALL others will meet at 2:30 for practice under the gym overhang.  Due to the shortage of bus drivers available,  transportation to Hingham will be split up.  The Girls, who run first, will depart WHRHS at 2:30.  The Boys will depart on a second bus leaving at approximately 3:45-4:00.  Both teams will return on the same bus following the Boys race.  

Hingham High School is located at 17 Union Street, Hingham, MA and is approximately 14 miles and 35 minutes from WHRHS.  A search of that address will provide access to directions.  If there are any questions please let me know.

If anybody would prefer to drive directly to the meet or travel with another parent or student it will be necessary to have a waiver signed by his/her parents.  The waiver provides for three options.  EACH option approved must be signed by the parent.  The waiver (cut, paste, sign and submit) follows below:


WHITMAN-HANSON ATHLETICS

Provision 1

I _______________________________________________ the parent/guardian for ____________________________  give my permission to have my child drive themselves to and from any athletic event during the 2021/2022 school year.  I agree to release the Whitman Hanson Regional School District, the town of Hanson, the town of Whitman, all employees of the regional school district and all agents from any liability whatsoever.  I assume all responsibility as it relates to my child driving to and from any athletic event or function.

Provision 2

I _______________________________________________ the parent/guardian for ____________________________  give my permission to have my child drive with another parent to any athletic event during the 2021/2022 school year.  I agree to release the Whitman Hanson Regional School District, the town of Hanson, the town of Whitman, all employees of the regional school district and all agents from any liability whatsoever.  I assume all responsibility as it relates to my child driving with another parent.  I understand the school district does not do background checks on parents and I agree that it is my responsibility to ascertain the safety of any such arrangement. 

Provision 3

I _______________________________________________ the parent/guardian for ____________________________  give my permission to have my child drive with another student driver to any athletic event during the 2021/2022 school year.  I agree to release the Whitman Hanson Regional School District, the town of Hanson, the town of Whitman, all employees of the regional school district and all agents from any liability whatsoever.  I assume all responsibility as it relates to my child driving with another student including but not limited to verifying that the driver is legally licensed to drive other underage passengers.  I understand the school district does not do background checks on students and I agree that it is my responsibility to ascertain the safety of any such arrangement. 

 

_______________                                                      ____________________________________

Date                                                                            Parent’s Signature

 


No comments:

Post a Comment