Thursday, November 3, 2022

Random (the meaning of which has been lost I'm afraid)

It's not (very) often that I don't have a lot to say.  Coach S has called me verbose for years, and there is (certainly) an element of truth in that.  One of the kids reminded me of that yesterday with a (simple) statement.  "Well, you are verbose, Coach!"  (Of course,) I laughed.  Verbosity is a trait, not a character flaw.  I'm OK with it. But there are times when I (really) don't have much to say.  (For example,) you didn't see anything on the blog with respect to the Patriot League Championship Meet because I expressed my thoughts at practice, and (at the same time) acknowledged All-Star performances by Alex Kehayias, Sky Bucci-Anderson and McKenna McCarthy, along with Personal Records established by Amilya Gretsky, Anthony LaBonte, James Molito, Lexton Tobiaz and Caleb Poth.  All noteworthy.  Following that meet, we had an (extra) day off from (formal) practice (the athletes were asked to run on their own.)  And we got right back to it on Tuesday with an (impressive) tempo run.  So, today's blog entry will be short (I'd usually add "and sweet".  Verbose.)  I'll simply say that while we have not (use contractions, Coach) had an (awful) lot to cheer about this season, (the best) part of my day revolves around practice, and I am (extraordinarily) grateful for the (cheerful) attitudes, (extra) efforts and (wide) smiles I get to see among the coaches and student-athletes (every day.)   Thanks.  

You could go back and read the foregoing paragraph again, this time excluding the parenthetical (let's call them verbose) notes. But then you'd have missed much of the sincerity expressed in the penultimate sentence!  Thanks, again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment