Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sunday and Monday, September 30 and October 1

I'm tearing off the September page from my wall calendar as we speak and getting ready to head to "Champagne Cocktails for the Dead" at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Tarrytown, NY, but thinking about yesterday's practice and our upcoming meet with Hingham on Tuesday.  Yesterday I was asked by one of the athletes if "we really have a chance against Hingham."  Without even going to my analysis of the Hingham teams versus Patriot League competition and taking only into account what I believe our teams are capable of, the answer is unequivocally, "Yes!"

Hingham is a very talented and well coached team.  Both the Boys and the Girls Coaches are experienced and knowledgeable, and they have enormous, hard working teams with a lot of pride.  Those kids are self-motivated and eager to knock off any opponent who comes between them and a Patriot League title.  Those are their strengths.  Don't look for weaknesses.  There are none.

But take a minute and do your own analysis of the preceding paragraph.  Other than the size of the team, what differences do you see.  Don't look, there are none.  I think Coaches S, Richner, Coletti and Cosgrave are collectively a top notch staff.  As good as any.  Have you worked hard and take pride in your improvement?  As for motivation, I'm not pushing you . . . you are.  And I know you want to win every bit as much as any opponent you'll face this year.  So, I'll ask the question . . . "do we really have a chance against Hingham?

Enjoy the day off, its back to work tomorrow.  See you then unless, of course, I meet up with this guy . . .



 

No comments:

Post a Comment