Friday, October 5, 2018

Friday, October 5, 2018

One of the changes made this year was initiated by Coach S who over the summer suggested that I maintain three distinct running groups and personally focus on only one of those groups.  We agreed on the assignments you've seen over the past 6+ weeks, that is, I take Group 1; Coach S, Group 2 and Coach Richner, Group 3.  We have been extremely lucky to have Kim Coletti and Julia Cosgrave join us.  Kim has worked very effectively with the Girls in Group 1 and Julia has done a great job assisting Coach Richner and Group 3. Over the next few days I have the opportunity to work with Group 2 and I'm looking forward to it. Today, for example, my groups will be going EASY for 4-6 miles and following that up with a long run tomorrow morning.   While I readily recognize the talent among the members of Group 1, I'm also very aware of the potential among those in Group 2, a number of whom will be major contributors to our program in the years to come.  

Tomorrow we will be returning to the Abington-Hanover Bike Trail.  This is made necessary by the facts Coach S will not be here and I'll be observing two groups, the hunting season opens today for bows and arrows making Burridge Pond a tad shaky, and ALL W-H fields are off limits for all teams due to application of fertilizer taking place Saturday.  The Abington-Hanover Bike Trail, you may recall, is flat and fast, an out-back of about 5.3 miles which some of our runners will extend by heading back out. 

I'll see you at 2:30 for Fun Friday (sans Coach S) which will be organized and run by our Captains.  See you then . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment