Friday, December 21, 2018

Is there anybody out there?

After listening to the obligatory (for me any way) tune of the same name by Pink Floyd I am back on track . . .

I am very excited to see how our kids, especially in the 600 and up, Boys and Girls, versus Hingham later today.  4 x400 teams will be full of mid-distance and distance athletes as well.  It should be very interesting . . .

I will post results here as soon as they become official.  In the meantime, I wanted to post our practice schedule over vacation.  We will practice 4 days, all at 10:30AM:

Wednesday, December 26
Thursday, December 27
Friday, December 28
Monday, December 31

I turned down an offer of a free week at a beachfront condo in Florida in order to make these important practices, so I'll see you on the track.

Mr. Rodgers and Dr. Jones issued a challenge to post 7 covers of those books we have read and loved.  The task is thought provoking and frankly I don't know how I could choose only 7, but I'll work it out.  I'm going to do this in chronological order (in the order they were read.)  The first, published 2 weeks after I was born, was suggested by my mother (I still wonder why) when I was about 13.  I've read it many times and just may do so again in the next week or so on the beach (oops.)    It was the first book I recall laughing out loud while reading . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment