Saturday, December 29, 2018

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Because there are no opportunities in our Patriot League Dual Meet competitions to run the 4 x 800, we are taking a group of boys (Brandon H, Nick, Trevor and Theo) and girls (Tori B, Dorothy, Izzy and Sully) to the RLTAC to run the event in the Distance Classic.  With qualifying standards of 8:41 and 10:14, respectively, the kids have their hands full, but with just a little bit of luck . . . well, we will have results later in the day.

Distance kids . . . I walked the dog at 5:30 this morning and I think today will be a perfect day for running.  No formal practice, but you are expected to run on your own one day this weekend, why not make it today?  We have a meet coming up this Friday versus Pembroke.  Another formidable foe in one of the strongest Leagues in Eastern Mass.  Lineups will be posted by Wednesday.  Keep in mind, we will have our final practice of 2018 on Monday at 10:30.

Finally, the #6 entry in books I loved.  (If you're wondering where this is coming from scroll down to a previous post.)  I've purchased this book several times.  Each time I buy it, I read it, then find I enjoy it so much I have to share it with somebody and give it away.  The most recent recipient, ironically, was a deserving (former) Whitman-Hanson student-athlete who ran a few years back at Liberty University and currently resides in Tennessee (won't be getting that book back!)  Although the book never inspired me to run barefoot, I did try Vibram 5 finger shoes and hated them.  The book however, did inspire me to substantially increase my mileage which, for a time was fun . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment