Thursday, December 27, 2018

Friday, December 28, 2018

I'm very happy with the turnout this week.  That may surprise some of you who see a small group of athletes at practice, but years of coaching have taught me to be grateful for those that are in attendance, and don't spend any time agonizing over those who are not.  It has also been wonderful seeing alums Samantha Coletti, Jack Ryan and Andrew Newman, who have spent some time working alongside our Distance kids.  They are truly inspirational.  In addition to being tremendous athletes, they all "wear the uniform."  I'm proud to know them.

Friday looks like a warm, but wet day.  We will begin indoors at 10:30 but I'm fairly confident my group will get outside.  We have a handful of entries into Saturday's Distance Classic at Reggie Lewis in the hopes of qualifying Boys/Girls 4X800 teams.  Specifics will be discussed at tomorrow's practice.

While we're here, you all know that "once upon a time" I posed as a runner.  Running became quite popular in the 70's when I took it up.  A book that motivated me on many levels is #5 in a series of 7 books that I loved (and post covers of per the challenge made by Dr. Jones and Mr. Rodgers.)  Although the author died relatively young as a result of congenital health issues never diagnosed, he made an enormous impact on the sport with the publication of his book, which dealt with the positive effects of running.  I read, I heard the message, and I got very serious about my life in running as a result:

No comments:

Post a Comment