Thursday, June 6, 2019

So far, so good . . .

I've got to be honest.  If I had to go into battle with what we have, I'd be a happy guy.  Thank you to those who participated in our pre-summer training meetings.  By all appearances (pun intended) we have two very competitive teams.  I'm optimistic that we will pick up some incoming freshmen to provide some additional competition.  Today there is room at the top.  I'm guessing that 76 days from now, when things get under way, there may not be.  If you are "on the fence," whether it's training or participating in general, the best advice I can offer is to simply get out there.  Quite a few of the boys are already well into training, running 30-40 miles per week.  Don't be left behind.

If you have questions, or need clarification on the training plan(s) please let me know.  My contact information is found in a prior entry.  If you have a friend who may be considering XC, by all means have them contact me for information.  Better yet, have them come to our weight room on Tuesday or Thursday throughout the summer.  I plan to be there at 4:00PM on those days and all are welcome.  The Captains will be letting you know what their plans are for summer training.  I'm hoping everybody gets involved with weight training and group runs. Team building starts yesterday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment