Sunday, April 5, 2020

Perhaps you guessed, but focus on the start . . .


Each day I try to get out for 90 minutes + and yesterday I was thinking about Cross Country and our Saturday long runs and missing T&F, the coaches and the kids.  So I decided my walk would take me on a 5 mile loop from one of our weekend starting points.  No lie on the Twitter pictures, as coincidental as they may appear.  Each one represents a mile marker along the way.  In spite of the nice weather I saw very few people and I've found NAS South Weymouth/Southfield/Union Point to be a great place for fresh air and minimal people and traffic.  Most of the parks are closed and this loop is near both my home, which my wife has me chained to about 20 hours per day (not entirely a bad thing!), and work which I sneak into for a couple of hours per day at times nobody else is in the building (for example, 6:00AM Sunday.) 

I was asked yesterday if there is a message I would like to convey to the team and without hesitation the first thing would be to stay safe and follow protocols (even if, like me, you look ridiculous in a mask!)  Enjoy the time you spend with family.  In that respect this is a blessing, not a curse (unless of course your children and grandchildren are elsewhere.) And finally, like the jet pictured, the time you have and how you use it can serve as the start of something wonderful (my walk yesterday for example.)  Get to a remote place for a walk/run, write a book, take an edX course, go on a diet, binge Downton Abbey on Prime, get some work done, and look ahead to when things return to normal, because when this is all over some things will have undoubtedly and permanently changed, but some things (thank Heaven!) will be as they always have.  Still hoping to see you all soon . . .  


No comments:

Post a Comment