Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Thus far we have one individual headed to Martha's Vineyard.  Following our meeting on Thursday I'd hoped somebody would enter their training on ETRAXC.  One did.  The coach.  My internet has been down for two days and after excoriating several "agents" at Comcast, I am back on track so to speak.  I finally got to check ETRAXC and frankly, I'm disappointed.  As Administrator of ETRAXC I am able to determine a team member's last visit to the site and few have even taken the time to check it out.  Thanks to those that did, I hope you'll take the time to use the log.

I ran the 2nd annual Mayflower Half today and experienced the three H's.  Heat, Humidity and Hills.  The biggest hill was at Mile 1 and I knew then I would have trouble making my time.  But it is all good.  I got to see several youngsters (well, not so young any more) who I have coached and they are still at it.  The Plymouth North XC team was manning (OK, some of the girls were there too) the water stop at Mile 10. McNamee didn't have enough time to "spike" my Gatorade!  Coach Laverty, a great coach and a greater individual, was there with his team.  He is very proud of his kids and has every right to be.  Great athletes who are committed to community service.

After returning home I did my usual blood pressure check and my pulse rate was sub 40.  Mrs. Coach, who I thought was aware that is normal for me, became concerned about Bradycardia, apparently the medical term for low number of heartbeats per minute.  After discussion she understood it is "fitness" not an ailment which has resulted in my heart working less than her own 23+ hours per day.  Now, she may even take up running!  As you know, there are many benefits to what we do.  Competition, an overall healthy lifestyle, and friendships that last forever are just some of them.  Fitness and longevity are added bonuses.  I hope you all experience what I have been blessed with the opportunity to do . . . run well into my 60's.  I hope to see YOU at the 52nd Annual Mayflower Half.  See you on the road . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment