Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Who loves ya baby?

OK, you've got to be my age to know that was a line used regularly by Detective Theo Kojak in the 1970's television program “Kojak”.  It became kind a of a catchphrase of my generation back in the day.  Never thought I'd be using it in 2017 (of course, I wasn't sure I'd be topside of the sod in 2017!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8hbUqhKM38

 Nonetheless, I know there were cuts from other sports today.  And I know there is disappointment among those cut.  I could be crass and say "life goes on" but I've been there and I know that is not what anyone wants to hear.  I feel badly for anybody experiencing that disappointment, but I can tell you from experience that things will look better down the road.  One door closes, another opens.  If you have a friend who has been cut from a team please let him or her know, Track & Field will accept them with open arms.  Who loves ya baby???  Track & Field!!!


Practice tomorrow at 2:30.  Bring a (disappointed) friend.  We'll do our very best to be that "something better."


No comments:

Post a Comment