Sunday, February 11, 2018

At long last . . .

the scorekeepers got it right and corrected the Girls results for this past Friday's meet versus Pembroke.  I went to bed Friday night knowing the score was tied 49-49 (I should have placed another runner in the 2 Mile) but woke up at 3:00AM, checked the results online and was stunned to find Pembroke was shown as the winner 50-48.  So, I couldn't go back to sleep until I got the matter resolved, at least in my own mind.  I went through all the events, color coding the top 3 finishers in each.  Then created a spreadsheet to insure old age had not deteriorated my math skills to where I could not add, and then retraced my steps . . . twice.  Following this I felt confident enough to send off an e-mail to the scorers BEFORE they made the incorrect results official.  Ultimately, your tired coach got confirmation that. in fact, the meet had ended in a tie.

The official results can be found at:

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/329558/results

It was a terrific finish to a roller coaster season marred by poor weather and a lot of down time.  I made my apologies on the bus ride home because, honestly, I didn't think the kids would have a chance against a very formidable opponent in Pembroke.  The tie was hard earned and well deserved.  Outstanding effort all around.  We do not have enough t-shirts to go around, but I believe EVERY girl deserves a game ball!!

Thank you all for an enjoyable season, and continue to check in for news about our year-end soiree and spring track of course! Sadly, some of you will be leaving us, in particular Seniors Camryn "Camo" Boyce and Julia "JD" Donovan.  Good luck in LAX and Softball and thank you for a memorable four years in XC and T&F.  On the bright side, all our other Seniors will be back and Spring Track is right around the corner and I am psyched.  It should be a tremendous season.  Bring a friend!

And finally, Friday's bus ride included entertainment by Tasha Bui.  For nearly 70 minutes this old guy listened to music I am desperately attempting to enjoy (OK, I DID like Sara Bareilles "Love Song". )   Near the end of our journey Tasha did take my request for a U2 song.  My reaction was similar to that in this short video . . .

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+baby+italian+led+zeppelin&view=detail&mid=822FD9C8FE7057B21CE4822FD9C8FE7057B21CE4&FORM=VIRE

I'll see Nicole, Jack and Andrew on Monday.  Everybody else is welcome and I'll be posting a short "between season" program here in the next couple of days for our Distance/Mid-distance kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment